There are two ways to install a theme, using the native WordPress setup applet, or your FTP client.
* Install a theme using WordPress Upload
1) Download a theme anywhere on your computer, 2) Go to the Themes section of your WordPress Admin pages, then to Add new > Upload. This is usually at
(You can replace the dots in the text-box above with the address of your WordPress installation, and Open It Right Now!)
Then click the Browse button and locate the theme you downloaded on your PC. WordPress will upload your theme and it will let you immediately preview and activate it.
* Install a theme using your FTP client
1) Download a theme anywhere on your PC, 2) Connect to your site with your FTP client and navigate to the Themes folder of your WordPress installation (usually at yourftpaddress/wp-content/themes),
3) Locate on your PC the theme you downloaded, extract the zip archive on your disk and upload the folder of your new theme to the themes folder of your site, 4) Go to the Appearance > Themes section of your WordPress Admin pages, where you will see your new theme waiting for you to activate it.